There are still good days and not so good days...

Our days together are slowly coming to an end. Overall it has been an amazing experience. A friend who has been doing this for awhile has given some really good insight as to why hosting is wonderful for all involved. 

Why HOST?
-Share the love of a family with a child.
-Teach them about who Jesus is and eternal life through Him.
-It is a life-changing cultural experince for the entire family
-Give the child the gift of hope and love
-Show a child life outside of the orphanage
-Raise awareness for orphans worldwide, serve as their advocate
-A child will touch your heart and impact your life.

Thank you Wendy Frump! I could not say it any better. If you are interested in hosting in the future, please reach out to me.

Yesterday, a very good friend of mine, Emily Tritschler, took some quick pictures of all of us together. To stay that getting ready started on the wrong foot would be putting it mildly. When the boys first arrived, we went to church with family and N had a really difficult time understanding that we dress up and fought me on wearing khaki pants. I knew that he may not want to wear them today so I wanted to give him a choice. My plan was to let him choose between khakis or jeans. Somehow I screwed this up because as soon as I got out the khaki's, he got extremely upset and everything went downhill from there. Loving these kids through these difficult times is hard, but I would not change it. I have learned so much about my own parenting and how I can be a better parent.

Thank you Emily for these amazing pictures!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Witamy w Polsce - Welcome to Poland!

Back to normal?

our last day together...