Back to normal?

The great news is that the boys made it back to Ukraine safely! It was a long day of travel for them but they made it safely which is what I can only hope and pray for at this moment. 

I want to use this post to update everyone on a few different things. First, the house feels very quiet. It is hard to say it is quiet with a 7, 3 and 8 month old in the house. There are things that I miss and see that remind me of those sweet boys. For example, we have 3 packages of Hawaiian buns. Why? Because Y LOVED to eat them with ketchup. It's weird driving what feels like a bus with empty seats. I have a few pairs of their shoes sitting out because we just could not fit everything in their bags. 

And with all my sadness, comes the sadness of my kids. Hunter wrote something in school (see below). It says "I miss my friends. I feel alone." Hudson wanted to pick up donuts today and asked to pick up a donut for N and Y. We are all grieving. There are some rays of hope now and again. Y has contacted me via FB Kids Messenger and we "talked" for 25 minutes yesterday. I was able to see his sister and older brother. Both N and Y yelled "I love you". I got to see their orphanage, some of their friends, as well as N playing basketball with a brand new basketball that he received as a good bye gift from a local friend/neighbor of ours. Y also called Nana (my mom) today and "talked" for about 10 minutes. I say "talked" because clearly there is still some language barriers, but we did say some words and above all it was great seeing him! I know that we are not likely to talk daily but I hope that we can continue this. 

Things are still up in the air regarding our futures and paths. Their older brother is aging out of the system (at age 16). But N, Y and their younger sister are available for adoption and for future hosting. My director is still working with social workers and higher ups to see if adoption is even possible for me considering I am a single woman and Ukraine will only adopt to heterosexual married couples. Please. Do not get me started. I am proud of what I have accomplished. And to say that I am not good enough for these kids makes my blood boil. I am hoping to have good news in the next few weeks. Nonetheless, I will continue to keep you all updated on how they are doing. Many have expressed interest in sending them letters, cards, etc and as soon as I know their address, I will make sure to post it. 

Some of you may not fully be aware of what is going on in Ukraine. Not only did I have to send these boys back to Ukraine, but I had to send them back to a country that could be pulled into a war at any moment with Russia. Please pray for these boys and all the kids as their lives are in the middle of all of this chaos. 

Here are some links to give you some info on the conflict in the area:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60048395 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/blinken-ukraine-russia-attack-short-notice-invasion-fears-mount-rcna12691


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Witamy w Polsce - Welcome to Poland!

our last day together...