Last night home

Today was the last full day that N and Y that would be here with us for this hosting session.  We kind of had laid back day.  I spent the day doing laundry and doing my best to pack everything.  Needless to say, it was not easy.  As I packed their things I was happy to see that they had been provided with so much.  At the same time I was extremely sad.  Almost all of their belongings in the world fit in a large duffle bag and back pack.  It's gut wrenching to really think about this.  

I also took the boys to get a haircut before they left.  They look so handsome.  After the haircut we came home and I asked the boys what they would like for dinner.  And they did not disappoint.  N wanted hot ham and cheese sandwiches and french fries.  Y wanted spaghetti.  So I made it.  And they ate like they wouldn't eat again.  My heart had never been so happy and full and breaking all at the same time.  

We ended the evening with a visit from a friend.  They brought a card and the boys connected on kids messenger.  

This experience has been amazing.  I would and will do it again.  Was it always easy? No.  Did I question my decision?  Yes. But this experience cannot be replicated.  My boys, all of them, made strong connections, ones that I will hope and pray cannot be broken solely by the large distance between them.  These boys, N and Y, are a part of our family. They were from the day I learned that they were both coming.  And they will be for the rest of my life.  They are loved and wanted. And I pray that we brought some love, joy and hope into their lives. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Witamy w Polsce - Welcome to Poland!

Back to normal?

our last day together...